Release Date: Dec 15, 2011
X3: Albion Prelude is the latest game in the X3 space game series TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, THINK in a living and breathing universe. A new plot and many additions to the open free-form gameplay Bridging the gap between the old and the new universe of the X game series, X³: Albion Prelude shows a universe in flux, and prepares players for things to come. The old X Universe is passing; a new X Universe is about to be created! The X universe is undergoing a period of massive change. What started as a conflict of interest between the Earth and the races of the X Universe has now escalated into a full scale war. Play a part in a war scenario bigger than anything the X Universe has ever seen before! Corporations Compete for Control of the Future With the war as a backdrop, corporations are vying for power and are driving the X Universe in a new direction. A technological breakthrough will soon allow massive accelerators, forming highways in space and allowing the economy to expand on an unprecedented scale. Highways, a key feature of X Rebirth, are not yet ready, but you can see them being built and participate in the power struggles around the construction of much larger self sustaining economies.
- A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war.
- More than 30 new ships and stations
- New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
- Improved graphics quality setting for high end machines
- Improved UI introducing charts to visualize economic developments
- Support for head tracking
- OS: Windows XP (SP-2), Vista SP1
- Processor: Pentium® IV or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.1 support
- Hard Drive: 10 GB of free space
- Sound: Soundcard (Surround Sound support recommended).