Creativity and power come together in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5. With increased speed, more accurate color control, enhanced vector illustration tools and new Web capabilities, it’s a must-have for any designer. Get going quickly with new professionally designed templates and learning materials. Find graphics, fonts and images on your computer faster than ever with new Corel® CONNECT™. Re-purpose and share your creations anywhere with expanded file compatibility. Then output everywhere, from Web banners and animations, to logos, custom signs and more.
- More speed with new multi-core support
- More rich content and professional templates
- More learning tools, video tutorials and expert tips
- More compatibility, with support for over 100 file formats
- More color control and consistency
- More Web capabilities, including Flash animation support
- More output options for print, Web, digital signs and more
FeaturesWhen inspiration strikes and you feel the creative buzz, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 gives you the speed and control you need to deliver stellar results. Powerful graphic design tools save you time every day, providing shortcuts that were designed to optimize your workflow.
CorelDRAW® X5Intuitive vector illustration and page layout software
Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X5Professional image-editing application specifically designed for use in a graphics workflow
Corel® PowerTRACE™ X5Bitmap-to-vector file conversion tool
Corel CAPTURE™ X5One-click screen capture utility
Corel® CONNECT™Full-screen search tool that helps you quickly find digital content on your computer, and search millions of images on Flickr®, Fotolia and iStockPhoto® websites
CorelDRAW® ConceptShare™Interactive online collaboration tool
Supporting applicationsBarcode wizard, Duplexing wizard, Bitstream® Font Navigator®, SWiSH miniMax™ 2*, PhotoZoom Pro 2*
Content10,000 high-quality clipart and digital images, 2,000 vehicle templates, 1,000 high-resolution digital photos, 1,000 OpenType® fonts, including 75 Windows Glyph List 4 (WGL4) fonts and 10 engraving fonts, 350 professionally designed templates
DocumentationOnline guidebook (hard cover, full-color, printed Guidebook available with the box version), Quick-reference card, Help files
Training2 hours of training videos on DVD
Connect to your content
From fonts, clipart and photos to previously created designs or customer files, content is a central piece of any creative design. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 lets you quickly find and re-purpose content to speed your design process. Gather your design assets from every source and swiftly prepare yourself to begin your next project.
New! Built-in Content Organizer (Corel® CONNECT™)Quickly find the perfect content for any design with Corel CONNECT, a built-in content search tool that helps you quickly find graphics, fonts and images instantly on your computer, and search millions of images on Flickr®, Fotolia and iStockPhoto® websites.
Enhanced! Market-Leading File CompatibilityOpen, edit and save as more than 100 industry-standard formats, including AI, PSD, DOCX, ODF, EPS (with enhanced support for PostScript® 3) and DXF™ files.
Enhanced! Color ProfilesMaintain color profiles when importing files from external applications for a smoother design process. The default setting matches colors on import automatically, while advanced users can explore more options within the default settings.
Enhanced! Support for Adobe ProductsImport Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Illustrator® CS 5 file formats. Import and export Photoshop and Illustrator CS 4 formats. CorelDRAW X5 will preserve the appearance of adjustment layers and Masks palette effects, while Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X5 will preserve editable Vibrance, Grayscale and camera filter lenses.
Welcome ScreenBegin with the Welcome Screen, a great starting point for finding your content, starting projects, accessing recently used documents, getting instructional information and viewing inspiring designs from other users around the world.
Get going quickly
Whether you’re a first-time user or an experienced pro, CorelDRAW makes it easy from the moment you begin. You’ll find all the learning tools you need to start smoothly and learn quickly, including built-in learning tools, valuable video tutorials, design insights from the experts and a visually rich, online guidebook.
Enhanced! Templates & TutorialsGet high-quality results quickly with 350 professionally designed templates. Ready-made layouts and designs help you find the right look for any job. You’ll also enjoy access to new graphic design tools, industry-specific design tips and step-by-step project creation in newly updated tutorials for CorelDRAW and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™.
New! Video TutorialsLearn from new video tutorials that demonstrate how to successfully complete popular design tasks.
New & Enhanced! High-Value Digital ContentEnrich your graphic designs with more than 1,000 professional fonts, including Helvetica®, Garamond® and Frutiger® fonts for the first time ever. Plus, take advantage of over 2,000 vehicle templates and 10,000 premium clipart images, bitmap and full-color fills, royalty-free photos, vehicle templates, new artistic media presets, and new brush nibs of different shapes and sizes for more versatility when painting.
New! GuidebookLearn from other users and experts, and get inspired by visually rich overviews of each application workspace. A hard cover, full color, printed guidebook is available with the box version.
Enhanced! Corel® PowerTRACE™: Bitmap-to-Vector ConversionConvert your bitmap images into high-quality vector objects with even more precision and smoothness, thanks to the greatly enhanced Corel PowerTRACE. This version of PowerTRACE provides the best tracing results yet.
Hints DockerView interactive hints that get you started quickly and provide step-by-step help on the suite's powerful tools.
New! Customizable WorkspaceCustomize the application’s command bars and button arrangements to suit your workflow, or use preset workspaces similar to Adobe® Illustrator®, Adobe® Photoshop® or Microsoft® Office.
Create with confidence
When it comes to graphic design, confidence in your software is paramount. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 provides new and enhanced graphic design tools to help you achieve the quality you need in the shortest amount of time. With a legacy in design innovation, this trusted graphics suite offers all the support you need to create with confidence.
Enhanced! Drawing ToolsDraw and design intuitively with enhanced artistic media and drawing tools that respond to the pressure, tilt and bearing of your pen on drawing tablet.
- New! Lock Toolbars – prevent toolbars from moving or closing while
- Enhanced! Artistic Media – create more graceful and accurate curves that better reproduce the look and feel of traditional drawing tools
- Enhanced! Mesh Fill – design multi-colored filled objects that display more fluid color transitions, etc.
- Enhanced! Join Curves – specify the amount of space between joined curves
- Enhanced! Snapping – have objects snap to a pixel grid for more accuracy
- Enhanced! Dimension Tools – find all dimension tools together in one convenient drop-down menu
- New! Diagramming – dynamically update diagrams and charts so lines remain connected when you reposition boxes
Enhanced! Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™: Powerful Photo EditingExperiment with exciting new photo effects, such as Vibrance, Grayscale and Photo Filter. These filters are preserved when you import and export PSD files using the Adobe Photoshop CS 4 file format. Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X5 also supports RAW format for over 300 types of cameras, giving you greater artistic control and flexibility.
- PhotoZoom Pro 2: Plug-in that preserves photo quality when enlarging digital images in Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™
- Image Adjustment Lab – easily and efficiently adjust photos with all options in one lab
- Photo Touch-up – remove defects in images and see the results in real time
- Histogram Feedback – preview changes and compare results as you adjust image tones, apply effects or process RAW camera files
- Spot Color Channels – create and modify images that contain spot colors
- Cut Out Lab – cut out elements of a picture from its background and maintain fine details
New & Enhanced! Web Graphics and AnimationCreate Web graphics and animations more efficiently than ever. Optimized filters produce consistent, high-quality Web formats with proper transparency, cropping and browser compatibility. Create your designs in CorelDRAW, then open in new SWiSH miniMax™ 2* to animate your images. Control motion, draw shapes, edit text and more. The new Pixels mode shows exactly how your content will display online. Plus, a new Export Dialog box now lets you compare file formats before export, so you can optimize your settings to achieve the highest file quality.
Interactive Table ToolCreate and import tables to provide structured layouts for text and graphics.
CorelDRAW® ConceptShare™Get quality feedback on design projects without costly meetings! ConceptShare lets you quickly and easily collaborate online with colleagues and clients in a secure environment. It’s packed with tools that let you share, mark up and review designs with others, on your own time.
Live Text FormattingPreview text formatting changes in real time before applying them to the document.
Smart FillApply fills to any enclosed object area, such as the loops of a freehand line that crosses over itself.
Image SlicingSlice an image into several smaller files for Web page optimization.
Output to any media
Today, you need the export flexibility to output designs to any media: Web banners, Web sites, print ads, brochures, even multiple types of media, such as T-shirts, billboards and digital signs. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 provides extensive file support so you can send your work anywhere.
New! Completely Redesigned Color Management EngineControl color consistency across different media and generate a distinct color palette for each document. A new color management engine introduces greater color accuracy, plus support for new color profiles from PANTONE®.
- New! Custom Color Palettes – get quick access to previously used colors with the ability to create and save for a design
- New! Default Color Management Settings Dialog Box – set application color policies to help you achieve accurate color representation with greater control
- New! Primary Color Mode – while continuing to support RGB, CMYK and Grayscale objects within the same document, CorelDRAW X5 provides a new primary Color Mode setting, which governs the default color mode on export and the default palette colors (RGB or CMYK)
- New! Import Color Palettes – easily add third-party color palettes to your workflow, to maintain color consistency
- New! Document Color Settings – adjust color settings that apply only to the current document
- Enhanced! PANTONE Color Profiles – get accurate color representation every step of the way with the latest color profiles from PANTONE, including Fashion+Home and the PANTONE® Goe™ system
- Enhanced! Eyedropper Tools – sample and match color from a document without first having to close dialog boxes
- Enhanced! Hex Color Support – choose colors by using their hexadecimal (hex) value and view hex color values from multiple locations
Enhanced! File Compatibility and PDF SupportRe-purpose and share your creations anywhere with support for more than 60 file formats, including PDF, JPG, PNG, EPS, AI, TIFF, PSD, DOCX and PPT. Password-protect your PDF files to control security and user access when they are viewed, edited and printed by third-parties.
New! Collect for OutputGather fonts, color profiles and other file information with this new output option that makes it easier to share your work with a print service provider.
Print MergeCombine text from a data source with a drawing to quickly create personalized invitations, labels and other personalized projects.
Work faster and more efficiently
Complete your tasks faster with powerful performance enhancements that maximize your computer’s power. Plus, enjoy more options for recording macros and automating time-consuming tasks.Download Corel DRAW Graphics Suite X5
New! Multi-core SupportWork faster with multi-core processing that maximizes the power available in your computer to process your commands more quickly.
Enhanced! Optimized for Latest Windows® PlatformsWork with ease, whatever your PC operating system. This latest version is optimized for Windows® 7 and offers new touch-screen support, as well as support for Windows Vista® and Windows® XP. Take advantage of the touch technology of Windows 7 to pan, zoom and scroll with your fingertips for a more intuitive design experience.
New! Automation TechnologyEnjoy more options for recording macros and automating time-consuming tasks. Microsoft’s Visual Studio for Applications (VSTA) technology lets you record macros and create third-party add-in solutions to enhance the existing functionality of CorelDRAW.